Search This Blog

Wednesday, 21 February 2018

Living Springs Camp

LIVING SPRINGS CAMP


1 Who did you share a bunk room with?
  • Temperance
  • Molly
  • Ellie G
  • Ellie F
  • Madisyn-Jo
  • Sativa-Rose


2 What was your favourite rotation activity? (Describe the activity)
My favourite rotation was the Burma trail. The Burma trail is when you go through threw the bush blindfolded following a rope with people guiding you around trees. Going up and down steep and high bits as well as crossing a river. 

3 Why?
I liked the Burma trail because it challenged me and made me use my other senses. It helped with my skills and it was fun. At the end my eyes hurt because it was so bright after I took off the blindfold. I was happy I did not fall over


4 What two school values did you show?
I showed be brave and connect.
5 How?
When I did the Burma trail I Had a blind fold (it was a choice), I did not peek and I did not fall
over. I connected with new people on camp especially during the fair by playing games with people that I do not usual play with.


6 What was the best part of camp for you?
The outdoor living skills.


7 Why?
Because it helped me with my living skills. What to do if you go hiking and some body gets
hurt, you need to build a trench so then water does not go into the tent and run down your back, you need lots of support.







     





That Was Camp

Remember kids screaming as they were chucked into the cold water?
Remember kids heaving adults into the the bright blue pool?
That was the pool.

Remember the bell birds singing while you're walking through the woods as your legs ache?
Remember my water bottle flying out of my hands and getting caught on the twisty branches?
That was the bush walk.

Remember flopping onto the big soft mat as I felt something pull me down?
Do you remember slipping out of the holders falling down, down, down.
That was the bouldering wall.







No comments:

Post a Comment