Describe It - Camp Experiences
Learning Objectives:
Level 3
- Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
- Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
Level 4.
- Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
- Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
Learning goals:
- To ‘Show, Don’t Tell’ the reader by painting a picture with words.
- A variety of sentence starters
- A variety of sentence lengths
- Edit and rework
- Effective peer checking and feedback
Standing on the rock hard terrain feet start to ake. "Go" Everybody tightened there grip and started to sprint towards the post and hooked the rope onto it and let go.
3...2...1, the kids yelled as the giant swing was released from the rope with a snap. Screaming, yelling and even cursing. Turning as pale as a piece of paper. As the swing got lower the instructor yelled "NEXT"!
walking my way over I can hear the mettle bits of the harness clinking together. "Ok" the instructor said "what level do you want to go to, level 1, 2 or 3". "3 running" I say just before I took off I heard a voice out of the blue. Fighting off tears I hear a snap.
I feel like I just threw up all my guts. Hugging the rope I feel my terrified sole find it's way back to my body. "Did you enjoy that"? asked the instructor."kind of I say while white in the face. she asked in anticipation if I would do it again, I was speechless.
Student Reflection:
Isla, as I read your piece of writing I can image being there. I like the way you have chosen to use a wide variety of vocab to add description to your sentences. Your next step is to focus on your surface features when re-working your writing. - Mrs HunterIn my writing, one of my goals is to organise writing according to the text type I did show this goal here because each paragragh has my different feeling on order from the start to the end In my writing, one of my goals is to use capital letters and punctuation correctly I did show this goal here because I used capital letters, commas and speech marks correctly My next step is to edit my writing a bit better and to work on my spelling Teacher Comment: |
No comments:
Post a Comment